Monday, January 25, 2010

The ReNew Skin Care Line Expands

First of all I want to say how excited I am at the response to my skin care line. I have received amazing feedback on the cleansers, moisturizers and toners I introduced in the past few months. This encouraged me to expand the line and I have now added a gentle exfoliant. Exfoliation in moderation is very important. Exfoliation is a necessary component to good skin care. It removes dead cells, decongests the pores and allows important ingredients to penetrate the skin. The skin looks healthy and has that "glow" we all want. However, and I cannot stress this point enough, too much or exfoliation that is too aggressive is counterproductive, unless undergoing a treatment to correct a skin condition.

As we age, the skin becomes dull from layers of dead skin buildup because the cell renewal factor slows down. For instance teenagers renew their cells approximately every 21 days, in our 30's it takes around 30 days, in our 40's around 40 days. See the pattern?

There are three types of exfoliation. Mechanical exfoliation is when we physically slough dead skin cells from the surface of the skin by using a scrub. The second type of exfoliation is using enzymes, such as a papaya pineapple mask, which dissolves the dead skin. The third is a chemical exfoliation which involves using a chemical agent that dissolves the glue that binds the dead skin cells such as Alpha Hydroxy Acids. All the exfoliants I use, or recommend for home use, are made
with the finest ingredients and will exfoliate the skin without causing any trauma.
For home care I recommend a gentle scrub or enzyme mask. My gentle exfoliant contains, organic colloidal oatmeal, organic brown rice flour, organic white white powder, organic calendula flower powder and organic licorice root powder that can be used as a scrub or mask.

No comments:

Post a Comment